Newsletter Subscription

Sunday, January 19, 2014

VALENTINE PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT

Valentine's Decor

For the past four years, I’ve hosted a Valentine Party Linkup at Bargain Decorating with Laurie.  Valentine DecorThere is a lot going on in my “neck of the woods” right now, so I considered not hosting it this year.

Valentine Decor

Then, I noticed that even the deer in the woods (on our mantel) were having a Valentine party!

Vintage Valentine Decor

Some of my vintage Valentine cards were propped up in the snow in the woods.

Valentine Decor

My Valentine banner was hanging around in the woods too.

Valentine Decor

Even the flowers were blooming vintage Valentine cards!

Vintage Valentine Decor

 

Valentine Decor

I apologize for the glare in these photos.  These cones are hanging on glass doors, and I obviously don’t know how to take a picture of something with the sun shining behind it.

Vintage Valentine Decor

I was inspired by the deer to go ahead and host my FIFTH ANNUUAL VALENTINE PARTY. 

So, on February 7th, I hope you’ll come link up anything having to do with love (whether your “love” is your pet or your child, Valentine décor, Valentine tablescapes, hearts, Valentine cards, or something or someone else). 

cupid

I hope I’ll see your link here on February 7th.  I’d love for you to take the invite from my sidebar and post it on your blog to spread the word. You know that I always have a fear that I’ll throw a party and nobody will show up!    Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  laurie

This post is partying with Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch, Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life, The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict, and Open House Thursday at No Minimalist Here.

16 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Laurie, I adore the deer on your mantel! Thanks for hosting again this year, and I will spread the word.

Sarah said...

Debbie, you know I'll be there! Thanks for hosting again this year. 5th annual ~ wow! I'll spread the word. Always enjoy your vintage valentines.

Oliva Ohlson said...

Fun! Spreading the word!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Sounds like fun! I'll have to get something together and spread the word!
Hugs,
Patti

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Sounds like a great party will have to look around here and see what I can come with.
Love your mantle....
Mary

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How exciting! I'll be here my friend! Sweet hugs!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love your parties!
And I will spread the word too.
Can't wait,
Cindy

thepaintedapron.com said...

Sounds like fun Laurie, I will be at your party for sure! All of your Valentine's decorations look great! Makes me remember the silly Valentines we'd get in school that we loved so much!!
Jenna

Unknown said...

I am trying so hard to hold off on my Valentine décor I keep thinking I have over 14 days yet but now I see every body is already on it I guess I better get to it. thanks for motivating me.susie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Laurie, Your party sounds like so much fun. I would love to join in. Love your mantel and all your darling Valentine Décor. You sure know how to decorate for a party.
See you soon.
Hugs

Kathleen said...

You know I can't miss your hearty party! Coming out of hibernation to join in! :)

Candy S said...

Laurie, This sounds like so much fun! It would be my first Valentine Party in the blog world. I hope my camera will be functional by then.

Robin Johnson said...

I love your collection of vintage Heart Day cards. I have a small collection that I am always looking to add too.

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I've got your party on my calendar, Laurie! Now if I can just get my mantel finished! I'm in need of old fashioned plungers to get it done!!!Can't give away any more hints, though!:)

Art and Sand said...

I was so happy that I saw the party button on Sarah's blog, Hyacinths For The Soul. I am going to become a follower and then take the button and add it to my sidebar. Then I have to get busy making Valentine goodies.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I am looking forward to your party! These parties that let everyone join in are the BEST!! Thank you for hosting, Laurie! Linda