Newsletter Subscription

Monday, June 10, 2013

BURLAP -ING

I’ve been burlap-ing our family room.  I’ve always thought burlap was a great Fall decorating tool, but I also think the casual look of burlap makes it a good Summer decorating accessory.  Heck, I really like burlap any time of the year. 
When I posted this vignette, you may have noticed that there is a burlap table runner on this table.

Bargain Hunting with Laurie
I recently posted my hydrangeas on this table, and there is a burlap faux grain sack runner on it.

 

Bargain Hunting with Laurie
This burlap covered lamp shade has lived on this lamp for awhile now.


lmpshd

This weekend, I went to Hobby Lobby.  I should “nevah” be allowed to go into that store.  I know they love customers like me – Crazy people  customers who can’t pass up a bargain.  Hobby Lobby always has sales, and if something isn’t on sale, they always have coupons.
So… among other things, I bought several rolls of the “on sale” burlap ribbon.  When I got home and emptied my bag, I was aghast at all of the burlap ribbon.  I immediately had to justify my purchase by using some of the ribbon – anywhere and everywhere.  I previously showed our fireplace mantel decorated for Summer.  I added burlap bows to the handles on the demijohns.
Bargain Hunting with Laurie
Bargain Hunting with Laurie
And I added a burlap bow to each of the lamps.
Bargain Hunting with Laurie
I didn’t stop with the mantel though.

Bargain Hunting with Laurie
I tied burlap around the napkins on a table I was setting for a dinner (more of that table coming up in my next post).

 

Bargain Hunting with Laurie
I even put it around a pickle jar, so I could use it for a vase.  My husband loves this new Vlasic pickle.  I have a LOT of these empty jars.  Maybe they’ll all turn into vases now.


Bargain Hunting with Laurie 

In a previous post, I shared these lamps that I  had just purchased.  The lamps didn’t come with shades, and I used shades that were previously on lamps in my childhood bedroom!  (I know it’s hard to believe that I still have them, but you’ve got to understand that I nevah get rid of anything!)  I didn’t know the shades were lacking something until I came home with this burlap ribbon.  I suddenly realized that they needed some burlap ribbon on them.
Bargain Hunting with Laurie
Is there no end to this burlap-ing madness?

Bargain Hunting with Laurie
Since this paper wreath hangs on the china hutch, were the two burlap beribboned lamp shades reside, it also got a burlap bow.


Bargain Hunting with Laurie 
I haven’t made a dent in my supply of burlap ribbon.  Hmmm, I’m looking around the kitchen now. Be sure to check back in a couple of days to see my burlap-ing tablescape.   Meanwhile, I’m looking for a burlap anonymous group.  Do you need to attend the meetings with me?  laurie

I’m linking to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch, Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life, Homework Wednesday at Worthing Court, and Dagmar’s Thrifty & Vintage Finds at Dagmar’s Home.

15 comments:

ellen b. said...

Ha! WE got a new Hobby Lobby here in Washington and I really enjoy shopping there. I saw all that burlap ribbon!! Glad you are using it. It really is all the rage right now...

Sarah said...

This post reminds me that I need to go to HL and get some burlap ribbon. '-) And if you don't know about the rolls of burlap that are available in the garden center of Lowe's, I'm telling you now. It is wonderful for all sorts of things around the house, ie table settings, flower pots, mantels, etc. It is soft and easy to work with. ;-) Eager to see that tablescape! ~ Sarah

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love burlap-ing too. I think it tones down some of the formality of my figurines and plates.

Stacey said...

Love those pickles and the burlap! I need to go to HL tomorrow for pictures frames and some of that ribbon.

niartist said...

In my opinion Laurie, you can never have too much burlap. I love the bows added to your already gorgeous decor. xoxo,
A

Tricia said...

Laurie, you always start my day with a smile! I can just see you, looking around for places to add some burlap ribbon. Your husband better not doze off, lest he awaken bedecked in some way!

Celestina Marie said...

Love the burlap touches Laurie, I too have been adding it and creating with burlap. It brings in such a natural feel.
Gorgeous mantel.
Hugs!

Debbie said...

You know, before I got all addicted to blog land, I wasn't that much of a burlap person except for fall. Like you, I have really developed a love for it the rest of the year. I like it in the spring too! Everything you have is just lovely, and my favorite thing of all is that paper flower wreath. I love your style, Laurie.

Debbie said...

You know, before I got all addicted to blog land, I wasn't that much of a burlap person except for fall. Like you, I have really developed a love for it the rest of the year. I like it in the spring too! Everything you have is just lovely, and my favorite thing of all is that paper flower wreath. I love your style, Laurie.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh i love that ribbon. I only bought two rolls of it and I am already out. I can't find anymore, I sure hope they get it back in stock. Love, love, love all of your bows. Perfect. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Lots of good ideas how to use the ribbon. Thanks for sharing.
I keep telling myself - Do Not go to HL, I do not need anything at HL ! :-D
"Warm" out there today!
Enjoy your evening.

A Kitchen Witch said...

I like your burlap madness and see some great ideas for use! Thanks for sharing. ;)

Mimi said...

I LOVE burlap but oddly enough have none in the home. This must be rectified- and after seeing how you have used it so beautifully- at once!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh my goodness Laurie!
I just knew I would love all of your burlapness.
You did good girl and things are looking mighty lovely!
Burlap is fun, but it sure is a pain to sew on.
It just ravels everywhere...ha, still love it though.
Hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie, thanks for linking up to my "Thrifty & Vintage Finds" link party and adding my button! I love all this burlap decor! I wasn't able to write the post yet, but will tomorrow. I'll be featuring you :)

Dagmar
Dagmar's Home