Newsletter Subscription

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

FLORAL TABLESCAPE

Recently, Zulily Bargains offered some April Cornell tablecloths, and I ordered three of them (they were really good prices, but I can’t remember how much). The one I used on the table this weekend looks  like two different cloths have been combined.  The top of the cloth is green and navy stripes.

cloth top

The border of the cloth is a busy floral.

clth brdr

full tbl 2

I realize that it is not necessary to use every color in the cloth on the table top.  I never start out doing that, but somehow I usually end up with almost all of the cloth colors on top of the table.

plc stg 2place stg

White chargers:  Lace by Kennex- purchased at J.C. Penney on line four years ago; topped by blue glass chargers purchased at a Kitchen Outlet years ago; topped by Royal Doulton dinner plates (no pattern name)-purchased at an estate sale a few years ago; topped by clear glass salad plates that belonged to my Mother; topped by green depression glass bowls.

dnr plate

I used a green and navy runner on top of the cloth (purchased on sale at Pier One years ago), so I wouldn’t have to iron out the folds in the cloth for added interest.

bowl

blu stem

I’ve used these stems in a blog post before.  I ordered them through One Kings Lane Bargains, and each stem, in sets of four, was a different color.  I ordered two sets.

stem w rose

The green stems were our “every day” selection when we married.  I marched the juice stems down the center of the table, and I practically floated a rose in each stem, because the stems on my rose bush are so short so the flower could be seen from both sides of the table.

ovrhd

rose

Thanks for dropping by.  laurie

I’m linking to Let’s Dish Wednesday at Cuisine Kathleen and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

21 comments:

Laurie @ Vinyet Etc said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love those goblets!

~Laurie @ Vin'yet Etc.

Dewena said...

Well, I love color and I love this table! I wouldn't even care what food was being served if I was a guest at this table. I'd be too busy examining every pretty item. And how nice that you included your everyday goblets from when you were first married! Mine were much like that, cobalt blue. And a gorgeous tablecloth just makes the picture.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those colors would be fabulous in the Fall, too. Beautiful table my friend! Enjoy your afternoon!

Sarah said...

What a bounty of beautiful color, Laurie. I love this look. Makes me think of a garden. The tablecloth is lovely. I like the mix of stripes and floral. April Cornell's line of textiles never disappoints.
Hope you have a delightful Mother's Day! ~ Sarah

Charlene ♥ NC said...

A springtime appetite for sure! Beautiful...

xinex said...

It's beautiful, Laurie. Love all the florals.....Christine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The colors and patterns are all so beautiful. I love this. Reminds me of a french garden. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty - It does look like a garden.

Tara @ Suburble said...

How decadent! I love it! Where did you get your napkin rings, Laurie?

Debbie said...

OK, I thought my favorite part was the AC table linens because I love that stuff. Then, I changed my mind and decided that it was actually the place setting that made the table. When I got to the green goblets with the little roses, though, I finally decided that THAT was my favorite part.

I'm not changing my mind again.

Unless I start thinking about the funny comment about the ironing 'cause that was pretty much a favorite part too.

I think the whole table is really lovely, and I happen to LOVE the way you use multi colors.

Marlis said...

Still giggling over the ironing comment!! You know Laurie, the table is fabulous. The colors work and they work with not only the tablecloth but with each other. I love looking at this table. The simple blooms, the napkins with a flower.. it's just all wonderful. xo marlis

Diane said...

Totally in love with the Royal Doulton plates! You did a wonderful job putting everything together, Laurie. I think I need to get out more and go shopping - maybe, I could find some of those fantastic bargains!

Cricut SVG Bundles & Freebies said...

BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the name of your blog! I am ALL ABOUT BARGAIN HUNTING and my name is Lori :)
I am a new blogger, but am totally inspired!
Lori @ http://jasminebrook.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

So pretty Laurie. I love the textures, the colors, the dishes...everything!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Laurie,
What a stunning table. So spring pretty. I love the juice glasses with your roses running down the center. Gorgeous table cloth and the touch with the runner is lovely.
Your dishes are beautiful and I love the layered style you share here.
Such an inviting table. When can i come for dinner? LOL

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. You always lift my spirits.
Wishing you a happy Thursday.
hugs, Celestina Marie

Alycia Nichols said...

I see nothing wrong with using every color in the cloth! It really helps to bring visual interest to the table.

I don't know how I miss out on such pretty things like those chargers from J.C. Penney. I guess because 4 years ago I had not yet grasped the concept of online shopping. Maybe because I didn't really pick up on "surfing the net" until about 2 years ago. Maybe because I'm a dolt! ;-)

Beautiful stemware! Have a beautiful Mother's Day weekend, Laurie!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That is so pretty and I adore all the color...I just have to have color in my life....

Marigene said...

I love visiting...you have never been one to shy away from color...I love your table, Laurie.
Are those Ivima 1895 goblets blue or purple?...I had no idea they come in so many colors.
The tablecloth is gorgeous.
Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day...

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love It Laurie. The Royal Doulton are beautiful with the blue glass.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great table Laurie. I sure wish I would have been the chargers at JCPenneys and always a bargain.

Kathleen said...

I love Zulilly, they have some interesting stuff!
Your tablecloth is beautiful, and you played the colors wonderfully!
Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish, and I am sorry I am so late! :(