Newsletter Subscription

Friday, March 4, 2011

HAVE YOU FOUND A COPY YET?

fav_thngs_cmbnd_thumb[1][1]
I have been anxiously awaiting the appearance of the new Flea Market Style magazine, because it is one of my favorite things. I was so excited to see it in my local drugstore recently. Do you have a copy yet?
flea mkt style
It is filled with fun ideas!
vase w buttons
(Photo from Flea Market Style magazine)
I’ve already told you that, this month at my house, if it’s green, it’s Irish. So, with the addition of green buttons, a wine glass has become an Irish vase. (My daisies, left over from Valentine’s Day, have already bitten the dust, but they were all I had for my “new” Irish vase.)
daisies
The magazine contains several great projects using old yard sticks and rulers.
shlvs w ydstks
(Photo from Flea Market Style magazine)
spice cbnt
I’m not nearly THAT crafty, but this did inspire me to run get my vintage ruler and adhere it to the drop-down door on my old spice cabinet. The back of this ruler has measurements for depths to plant different kinds of seeds.
chair 2
(Photo from Flea Market Style magazine)
There are several fun projects using men’s clothing in this issue. The men’s ties on this chair reminded me of my “Tie One On For Father’s Day” tablescape that I did a couple of years ago.
tie_one_on[1]
But just wait until you see the great ideas in this magazine for tablescaping with men’s clothing!
I have devoured every page of the magazine, and I’m sure I’ll be re-devouring it for a long time. I hope you find a copy of the magazine soon. You are going to love it!
I want to share two more favorites today, which were not in the magazine (but both of them could have been!). I Red heart my “new-to-me” pull-toy rooster that I ordered from the Richard’s Great Stuff Etsy.
rooster
Wouldn’t he look great in Flea Market Style magazine?
I also Red heart my new demijohn that ordered from Vanna’s Delusions of Grander Enabler Boutique. I’ve been demijohn-less for-evah, so when Vanna posted this one, I jumped on it.
dmijn V
Isn’t it a beauty? It would have been great for the Flea Market Style magazine too! While I was waiting to receive this from Vanna, I found another demijohn at an estate sale. It’s not as nice as the one I ordered from Vanna, but it was a bargain, so I grabbed it (I know, a bargain’s not a bargain if it’s something you don’t need, but I NEEDED this! That’s my story, and…)
dmijhn
So, I went from demijohn-less to two demijohns!! I couldn’t get a photo of these without a shadow, so the bottoms of both of them look darker, but it’s really just a shadow.
buft 3
It was so nice of you to stop by to see some of my favorites. Please go see favorites of other bloggers who have linked to this post. laurie


28 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

You have found 2 great demijohns. And the rooster is sooo cute! Have a great weekend!!

shannon i olson said...

I did find a copy and love all the great ideas inside!!

KBeau said...

Great finds, Laurie. BTW, have you ever watched "American Pickers"? Susie told me about it, and I did marathon watching while I was recuperating from my knee surgery. Much of it is not my kind of finds (more mantiques) but I think it's a fascinating program.

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie,
I put the laundry aside to join in some parties..Hope you dont mind that I have linked up early as I will be off the computer later today and early tomorrow..too many wekend projects! I'd rather be enjoying the parties..
Love that magazine..I need to get a copy soon.
~Shirley

Jewel Sauls said...

Love the demijohns! I remember your Father's Day table with ties!!! The magazine has nothing on you! Love the old yardsticks. I have a "new" one that has bowed something terrible. Love the older ones!

Anonymous said...

I just got a copy last night Laurie and am loving it!!

You demijohns look so great with the forsythia sprays! I am so excited as I am trying to work things out so that Vanna and I can get together while we are up in Oregon!! Won't that be the best time!!!

bee blessed
mary

Diann said...

Hi Laurie!
love your new demijohns! theylook wonderful. I haven't splurged on my copy of Flea Market Style yet I hope to grab one next week!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for grandparents and caregivers said...

Hi Laurie, I have to say, that new-to-me magazine looks really interesting. I'll keep a look-out for it. And what an adorable country rooster! Perfect for a cute country kitchen decor AND fun activities for grandparents and their younger grandchildren. :) A delightful visit all around! Thank you so much! :)

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Laurie! I love your new demijohn!! They are favorites of mine. Thanks for another great Saturday Party!!

Lots of love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi sweet lady...

Ohhh...I am loving your new St. Pat's day mantel, Laurie! It makes for a gorgeous blog header for sure!

Oh no...I do not have the most recent issue of Flea Market Style. I guess I need to subscibe! I do buy the magazine once in awhile and have always enjoyed it! Sooo many great ideas! Thank you for sharing a few of the recent edition's crafty ideas with us! I love the idea of the buttons in the vase and your green button vase is sooo pretty and sooo perfect for March, my friend! Loved getting to see your Father's Day table again! I'm tellin' ya...your tie tablecloth is fabulous!!! I think it's right on for the holiday and so colorful and interesting! And...I love your demi-johns! I need to get one...I am "undone and without"! Hehe!

Well dear friend, thank you so much for sharing a few of your favorite things with us today! I loved it!

Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, sweet friend!

Love ya,
Chari

lvroftiques said...

Laurie I don't think I've ever read that magazine? I'm so all over it now girlfriend! Ahem as it was stated earlier that tie project in the mag has NOTHING on you girlfriend! Yours is theirs x 10!
Love that sweet little rooster pull toy! Doesn't Richard have great stuff!
And I'm so glad you like your new/old demijohn! The two of them together look great on your console.
Isn't it funny how all of a sudden similar things just pop up?
I couldn't find a rosary around here to save my life... (Bunch of heathens I guess lol!)but one of my blog friends sent me one...then Christine sent me two! And now they're just starting to show up everywhere! Thank you GOD!! *winks*

I want to thank again Laurie for letting me join your wonderful party! Vanna

Lynn said...

Lovin' the buttons in a vase Laurie and your rooster pull toy is just too cute! Happy Weekend:@)

Sarah said...

Laurie, I picked up a copy at the grocery store today. It's a great issue with wonderful ideas. Not that I'm craft enough to do any of these. LOL
Have a great weekend. ~ sarah

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love your new demijohns, Laurie! Now I guess I am the last one in blogland without one! lol I love that magazine, too! I need to get the new copy. Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie
PS..Wait 'til you see what I found! :-)

Karie said...

Laurie, Thank you for hosting this great party. . Love linking up with all the great blog gals. Yes, I got my copy of the magazine today at the grocery store. I have devoured it tonight, and I can't put it down. You showed some cute ideas on your post. I love the buttons. . . Your St. Patrick mantel is beautiful. Thanks for sharing so much. Hugs, Karie

Sweet European Dreams said...

hi Laurie! I'm off to hunt down my copy this weekend. Glad I could link up with ya'll this weekend! -diane

Nancy said...

Love the little rooster you found. Adorable! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sue said...

So happy that you have begun a "collection" of demi-johns now! LOL Isn't two or more a collection these days? LOL I will have to keep searching for the mag- no one in town had it last week. :-(
Thanks for hosting, Laurie! ~ Sue

Anonymous said...

Somehow Flea Market Style never makes it to my neck of the woods, or maybe they get 5 copies and the store workers buy them all.
So thank you for sharing and keeping me in the loop.

You know I love your rooster toy too.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I am not going to look for the magazine! Cause I know if I do, I will come up with something I think I need to collect or try to do. I am not going to do it! :-D
Enjoy your weekend.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Laurie,
I just love that rooster pull-toy!
He is such a handsome fellow!
And your wonderful demi-johns!
I now think I need to find one too!
Thanks for hostessing and I am still trying to figure out if I can come in April!
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Buttons in a wine glass with flowers, men's clothing becoming table decor....I love it. I'm always interested in new ideas, no matter what the source. Thanks for clueing me in on this magazine. I would love to go flea shopping with you!

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

What great finds, Laurie. It sure is fun to find such bargains. Thanks for hosting. And yes, I did buy my Flea Market Style magazine as soon as I saw it on the shelf the other day ... love it! So inspiring but then I think of all the neat stuff I've gotten rid of and the clever things I could have done with them. Just leaves room for more junking. Best to you!
Lynn

Kathleen said...

I just spent the last 30 min looking up how long it would take to drive to Blytheville! :)
I have never seen that magazine, I will have to look! You have so many great things, you could write your own magazine!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I found my copy at Sam's and it was discounted 30% and that was a bargain! I'm enjoying it very much. Love your demijohns. Thanks so much for hosting this party! hugs, Linda

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Fun -- I'll have to be on the lookout for htat magazine.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Laurie, you have the best collections and always have such sweet vignettes and THE BEST photos! Thanks for always sharing!

Love your March blog header, too!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Decor To Adore said...

I have not seen the new mag yet! Will have to hunt it down.

I am having a hilarious Linky party with prizes this Wednesday. Details are on the blog today.
I hope you'll join in on the fun.